This class features multiple worksheets to help you study this garment and learn every step of the way. Class will feature Joi’s custom class pattern as the starting point. Each student will customize their pattern to their own body measurements and will make a muslin fit sample. Learn why this step is key to fitting far beyond what is normally accomplished in a muslin sample fitting. Joi will show you more than to simply read the wrinkles. Joi will host at least one Bonus zoom class featuring some of the student fit samples to help teach you how to understand a fit sample. This exercise can be life-changing if you have never had the opportunity to see others being fitted with complete explanation.
We will transition into converting the muslin pattern to the final fashion pattern and complete this series of classes by sewing our Classy Camp Shirt start to finish. Watch the weekly live lesson taught on zoom where a small portion of the process will be taught during each of the 8 live lessons. Complete a small task each week breaking down your project into small achievable increments. If you cannot watch live than you will be able to view the recorded lesson at your convenience. This breakdown of learning will allow everyone to be time conscious and still have a complete learning experience. Specific details on the zoom will be sent before class begins.
Class Fee: $100.00 per student.
The Arizona Chapters of Phoenix, Prescott, and Tucson of the American Sewing Guild are offering a 50% discount to their members, (And Want-to-be members). Contact their chapter for discount codes (contact info provided below).
Phoenix – (we support out of state members of our chapter with hybrid meetings)
For general event questions please contact Rita.
- Basic Sewing Supplies, tape measure, pattern paper or large sheets of paper, scotch tape, pencil, paper sheers, fabric sheers, 2-4 yards muslin, buttons, interfacing, fashion fabric, FREE PDF download of class worksheets. Joi’s Class Pattern is available on www.designerjoi.com ($7.00) available in 3 core sizes (select the size closest to your full bust)
- Optional: Custom Class Fabrics in cotton, silk and blend hand-selected for this event available for purchase from www.designerjoi.com. They will be labeled Classy Shirt Fabric. Orders include complimentary best match thread, and a free cut of Joi’s fusi-knit interfacing is also available on the website and is recommended.
- Free Fabric Swatches are available upon request. See Fabric Swatch listing in the store above.
How to Register: Students may register RIGHT HERE on Joi’s website www.designerjoi.com in the shopping cart. Simply place this class in the shopping cart. To ensure we receive registered Arizona ASG members or friends of Phoenix ASG, please place your unique identifying number in the note section of the checkout. This will be cross-referenced with the membership list of each Chapter. If you would like to participate and would like to know how to receive this identifying number please send us a note to the contact us section of this website. We will get you in contact with the Phoenix ASG chapter for assistance. You do not need to live in Arizona to be a member or participate.
Once we process your registration, you will receive an email confirmation with more class details.
Classes are taught live on Zoom.
Classes are also recorded and posted in a private Facebook Group for anytime access.
Classes will be available for two months after the conclusion of the event.
Register Now! It is suggested to register prior to April 18th for the complete experience.
CLASS SCHEDULE: The final class times will be emailed out prior to the beginning of this event. Remember you can watch live or on-demand at your convenience. Classes are recorded.
- Free Event Promo Zoom Q&A Tuesday April 12th at 2:30 pm CST (12:30pm PT). In this pre-event zoom Designer Joi will introduce the project, the class format and answer any questions you have.
- Registration Now Open! (if this event has already started you may register until June 7th to access all the recorded classes until August 7th when this event will expire)
- Optional fabric kits and custom class fabrics are available in this online store www.designerjoi.com beginning April 5th. Look for our Classy Camp Shirt Fabrics especially selected for this event. Kits will be shipped as orders are received and on a first come first serve basis. Selected fabrics are recommended by Designer Joi to ensure success in the class.
- April 19th 2:30pm CST (12:30pm PT) LESSON 1: Project intro, planning, fabric & storyboard, body measurements
- April 26th 2:30pm CST (12:30pm PT) LESSON 2: Sloper Fit to custom body measurements and pattern design
- April 28th 4:00pm CST (2:00pm PT) LESSON 3: Sewing your sloper and how to fit this design
- May 2nd 3:00pm CST (1:00pm PT) LESSON 4: Polishing the sloper and Prep for sewing
- May 10th 2:30pm CST (12:30pm PT) LESSON 5: Sewing Prep, cutting your fabrics and sample sewing
- May 17th 7:00pm CST (5:00pm PT) BONUS FITTING ZOOM featuring some selected students fit sample with diagrams and visuals
- MAY 24th 2:30pm CST (12:30pm PT) LESSON 6: Shirt Sewing Part 1
- May 31st 4:00pm CST (2:00pm PT) Lesson 7: Shirt Sewing Part 2
- June 7th 4:00pm CST (2:00pm PT) Lesson 8: Shirt Sewing Part 3 & Evaluation
- POST EVENT CONTEST: Finish your Classy Camp Shirt and submit a photo by June 28th to be entered in a contest for an amazing prize including Free Membership to Designer Joi’s Perfect Pattern and Fit Club sponsored by Designer Joi. More info in May.
NOTIFICATIONS: Designer Joi uses the REMIND app for instant notifications to students. Joi will set up a REMIND list for this class and will send a weekly remind about the upcoming class as a way to help students remember class and to participate setting them up for success.