WOW! There has been a lot of activity as usual in my studio, and a lot of things are coming together this year. I wanted to send out this post since I have had an overwhelming increase in subscriptions to my blog, and also share some of my plans.
I really don’t know where to start so I am going to do a list (not in any particular order):
1. My studio is all torn up for about two weeks because we are finally putting in new flooring- hurray. I think I was going to do this 2 years ago LOL when my new cabinets came, but it is really hard for me to stop production for extended times. So I am sewing, patterning and writing while shifting things back and forth.
2. My pattern line with McCall’s- this just makes me so giddy I can hardly stand it. They are busily working on my first patterns and photographing them the first of June. I have two out around August 24th, one in the next catalog after that (October??) then my new revamped fit pattern in December and some spring designs in December as well. I don’t know what the spring ones will be yet. Gosh, I have so much to share about my patterns. That will be a post in itself. Apparently I impressed McCall’s staff with my samples that I sent in- hurray, and I also developed a special sheet to include in the pattern instructions.
3. I am planning live classes and a blog sew-a-long around my patterns. I want to share truly helpful sewing advice so I am preparing all of that. I also have spent months working with my fabric suppliers on some beautiful, affordable and amazing fabrics. I will offer kits for sale. Just think you can order the actual fabrics that you see on the pattern envelope in various colors- how awesome is that??? My hardest task right now is narrowing down all my ideas for spring because I have found so many lovely things.
4. My book- Ok what makes me more giddy than my patterns???? my book AHHHHHHH! Create the Perfect Fit: Measuring and Pattern Fitting for Real Sewing Solutions is so close to being done. I mean it is done, it is being printed really soon and will be available in September. I will be doing a book signing at the American Sewing Expo in September and more. . . I cannot tell you the amazing feedback I am receiving from sewers that I am helping. I hate to say it because I don’t want to offend anyone, but this really is the only fitting book you need.
5. Craftsy classes: WOW the response from my first class Fast Track Fitting has amazed me. I am really enjoying interacting with all my students and the results are amazing. Do pass this along to anyone you know who sews, because I truly care about my students and truly want to take the frustration out of sewing that so many people have. I am the instructor who almost never uses a canned response. I answer each question personally and work with students until they get the results they want. I know sewing experts who do not do that. I treat people how I want to be treated. Plus I just really enjoy it. If you have not started my follow up FTF In the Details class, this is a great finishing touch to my process with all the tips and tricks that I use.
6. In a few weeks I will be going to Baby Lock Headquarters for a special event for a select group of about 30 sewlebrities, bloggers, editors and people doing interesting things in the industry. I am sooo excited to be a part of this and am sure I will have more to share.
7. My list is getting long. I think this is the longest blog post I have ever done. It takes so much time to develop all the tools that I am sharing with all of you so I am not as frequent on my blog as I would like. BUT, I don’t want to be the person who is all talk and can’t back their words. So if I have to skip social media to stay true to my skills then I have to do that. Just not enough time in the day sometimes. Do plan to see more of me on my blog however. That is a goal of mine. Hey, email me things you would like me to post about and I will see if I can incorporate them.
more later . . .