What you will achieve in class if you participate from beginning to end:
- Custom Fitted Pants sewn from your fashion fabric
- A complete set of lower body measurements
- A pre-fitted working flat pattern scaled to your measurements to help you understand how pants fit the body
- An unfitted pants muslin to use during the pants fitting process
- A completed custom fit pants muslin upon completing the live zoom fittings
- A hard copy pants sloper to use continually in your sewing room
- Understanding how to use your sloper
- Optional: a sewn sample pant
- A half-scale pattern for use in creative design and pattern sampling
- A set of finished worksheets customized to your body and pant styles from each step in the process
- Combine all of this into your own personal binder or workbook for years of sewing application
- Meet other Pattern Club students learning along with you and have access to Designer Joi for help along the way.
- Bonus Break out Lesson on Creative Pant Pattern Design including designs such as: high rise, low rise, jeggings, boot cut, jeans, pockets, waistbands, and more . . .
Class Features & Learning Platform:
- Lessons taking you from design planning, measuring, and pattern adjustments, to muslin fitting, fabric and sewing
- Lessons are recorded live for those wanting to watch live and posted in the club for those watching on demand.
- Lessons are filmed live on Zoom or the private Facebook Page. Locations and times are posted on the downloadable class calendar.
- Downloadable Pants Fitting Template
- A complete set of downloadable worksheets & templates to help every step of the way
- Submit your personal pant fitting questions and photos
- Have your pant muslin selected for a live zoom fitting (more info in club).
- Features all the content from her latest best-selling Book Ultimate Illustrated Guide to Sewing Clothes: Chapter 5 All things Pants (book not included with class. Autographed copy available for purchase in the website store).
- Class lessons will be filmed weekly from October 11th to December 31st.
- Access to this event expires January 31st for participants or keep your access with membership to Season 5 of Pattern Club for extended learning.
Student Supplies: (items will be discussed in class)
- Request access to the club and class via instructions sent through email after purchasing your membership
- Print off the Calendar and other specific handouts listed in the intro email
- Scissors, Tape, Pencil, Ruler
- Tape Measure & Basic Sewing Supplies
- Optional: pattern making paper or alternate such as a roll or wrapping paper
- Optional: oak tag for making final pant pattern
- Optional: full scale traced pant template from Designer Joi (see website store)
- Optional: Pant Pattern of your Choice European Cut is best
- Optional: Ultimate Illustrated Guide to Sewing Clothes Book (see website store)
- An Eager Attitude to Learn
Register before October 11th so you can join in the Live Online Kick-off.